Saturday, October 22, 2011

Organizing Digi Stuff

So awhile ago I posted the Creative Memories was having an amazing sale on their scrapbooking program, Storybook Creator 3.0 because they were going to be releasing Storybook Creator 4.0.  You may or may not know that I do ALL of my layouts using Storybook Creator 3.0, unlike most digi scrappers who use tend to use Photoshop.  I love my scrapbook software and the fact that it's so user friendly AND can do just about everything that other programs can do.  Some people are turned off by the software just because Creative Memories has seems to attract scrappers with a particular style, but you're not stuck to a certain style with SB software.

So, after much rambling onto my point...I of course had to purchase the 4.0 upgrade and I'm loving it so far.  There a ton's of new little "tricks" and photo editing options (one area the product was lacking in)!  One thing that I am loving with the new software is the new organization options.  The previous software allowed excellent organization options within the software file.  My only gripe was that all of my digi product had to be saved in ONE file (Which I labeled "Digi Product").  Within this ONE file I was able to store all of my product separately in folders (which I would label by the kit name).  **One in the software, I was able to organize the product in TONS of ways, however, if I had to go into my external and actually check out that ONE folder than it was a PAIN to sort through!!  Well now with 4.0 I am able to add more folders than that ONE folder...WootWoot!!

I'm in the process right now of adding new folders for the designers that I have TONS of digi product and separate folders for those that I CT for so that I can find their kits more quickly on my hard drive!!  Only problem is that this process is time consuming!  

Just curious...how do you organize your digi product??  Does your system allow you to easily give credit to designers?

Happy scrapping..and organizing..
Photobucket
  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...