Thursday, October 27, 2011

Distance and Time LO & Freebie!!

This LO was created using a free kit by Lisa Sisneros!  If you like it and want it for free too, all you have to do is sign up for her newsletter!!  

Credits: Never Forget by Lisa Sisneros; Font: Neato Handprint by Lisa Sisneros; Pea Roxygirl, and Traveling_Typewriter; Lyrics: Distance and Time by Alicia Keys

Journaling reads:
After you being deployed for nearly 15 months, getting engaged over the phone, planning a wedding while apart, you were finally able to take a 3 day weekend. Thankfully, you were able to catch a flight and spend that time with me!! Everyone was pressuring me about registering for our wedding and I didn't want to do that without you! It was so amazing to get to spend some quality time with you after so long!! I couldn't help but count the days until you would be out of the army and home with me for good! "No matter how far you are, no matter how long it takes you, through distance and time, I'll be waiting."

Man those lyrics ring so true!  While I was never an Army wife I was close enough.  Now that we are married and we have a son, I cannot even imagine my husband going on 12-15 month deployments.  While he was away, most of our correspondence had to be done by letter because the area he was in was so remote and dangerous they did not have internet for most of the tour and phone access was usually limited for those who were married!  :(
Photobucket
  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...