Tuesday, January 18, 2011

P365 Challenge!!

I've noticed that I have a few friends who do the Project 365 and are starting again this year.  Project 365 looks different for different people.  My friends do this project/challenge without scrapbooking.  The goal of the project (from what I understand) is to take a picture a day to 1. appreciate the small things that happen in everyday life, 2. To have a comprehensive view of your year, and 3. to get better at taking pictures!!

I've also noticed that this project is very popular within the scrapbooking community.  Many shops have templates and monthly coordinated kits to make the job easier.

I've already decided that I want to document the year in some fashion and was originally planning on doing this in a monthly format.  I found some really clean and simple templates that I really liked and enjoyed the fact that it was not necessarily a picture a day type thing.  However, I stumbled across a shop (thanks to one of the blogs that I follow) Weedsandwildflowersdesign.com.  At this shop there is a big focus on P365 and even the picture a day format looks simple!

So I've changed my mind and decided to do Project 365.  I will most likely be using the templates from Weedsandwildflowersdesign.com and will be using their monthly kits as well.  I'm excited about this project and I'm looking forward to documenting my year with lots of pictures.  I'm also kind of worried...I'm already a bit behind so I'll have to improvise January somehow on the days that I don't have pictures.  Last year there was actually a point where I only took pictures 1 or 2 days out of the month, so this year there's gonna be some big changes!

Wish me luck and let me know if you've been thinking about doing a Project 365, 52, or 12 and how you plan on doing it!

Here are the templates that I'm likely going to use:
9769 - Sweet & Simple LIFE Templates - JANUARY - 3/4 Photo

9769 - Sweet & Simple LIFE Templates - JANUARY - 3/4 Photo

Here is the kit that goes with January:
9766 - Sweet & Simple LIFE - KIT #1 - Elements

9766 - Sweet & Simple LIFE - KIT #1 - Elements $4.50

9767 - Sweet & Simple LIFE - KIT #1 - Papers

9767 - Sweet & Simple LIFE - KIT #1 - Papers $4.00

Not positive if these are the kits that I am going to be using for January because Weedsandwildflowers.com has a new series called Everyday Life just starting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...